Location: San Francisco, CA/Remote
What You Will Be Doing: Creating a More Just and Equitable Society
You are a jack (or jill) of all trades who works with everyone in the Agency to get things done. You are the guru when it comes to Kantata, our billing system, you assist with invoicing, timesheet entries, setting up new projects and tasks, entering budgets and so much more. You assist Human Resources with onboarding and offboarding of employees, you support the SF headquarters by ensuring office equipment is in good working order and supplies are stocked and ready for visitors. You assist project teams with administrative projects and tasks, and keep everyone updated on software, such as Kantata, Slack, Adobe, Office 365 and more. You communicate with vendors, liaise with the property manager, troubleshoot, and help solve problems.
Who You Are
You will bring a “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get things done. You are a self-starter, someone who takes initiative, works well independently and as part of a team, and approaches most everything with a customer service mindset. You have strong communication skills both verbally and in written form, you build relationships easily, and have a strong work ethic. You have strong organizational and time management skills and understand the importance of prioritizing tasks. You have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, strong problem-solving skills, and like doing research and enjoy finding that last piece to the puzzle. You are flexible and adaptable; you can pivot quickly without reservation and are driven to meet all your deadlines while holding information confidential.
- IT and administrative management of software
- Project setup, budget, update, closing, QuickBooks mapping
- Team members (adding, removing and updating)
- Vendor/Subcontractors (adding, removing and updating)
- Data entry (PTE, CEO timesheets)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and questions
IT and Software Support
- Computers and other electronic equipment
- Manage and update inventory
- Set-up equipment for new hires
- Maintain Operating Systems of office equipment updated and working properly
- Manage equipment returns from former employees
- Research and solve IT issues and questions as they arise
- Research and purchase equipment as requested
- Manage user licenses for Kantata, Adobe, Zoom, Microsoft 365, Slack, Gmail and other Software as required
- Google Workspace
- Manage users, groups, permissions
- Manage Operations mailbox, Admin mailbox, Accounting mailbox
- Maintain, update, and grant access to folders/drives
- Research and resolve technical issues and questions
- Organize shared Drives
- Liaise between account services and accounting teams
- Resolve accounting problems and inquiries as needed
- Support with credit card payments
- Assist with filing, data entry, and basic QuickBooks operations
- Deposit checks and file documentation accordingly
- On-site 1x week
- Manage company calendar
- Create memos, letters, document procedures, etc.
- Assist with obtaining and filing Certificates of Insurance
- Assist with purchasing gift cards, employee gifts, lunches, etc.
- Manage and update company phone list
- Book travel
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- File and retrieve documents from the filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries on behalf of the company and CEO
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Sort, file, and forward incoming mail
- Manage keys to the SF office
- Liaise with Property Manager
- Manage office vendors (IT, shred, cleaning, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Execute special projects as requested
Education and Experience
- AA degree or higher, BA/BS in Accounting, Business, Human Resources a plus!
- At least 3+ years of experience working in a full-time administrative or operational support role in a fast-paced office/department
- 1+ years of experience working as part of an accounting department/team (strongly preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (preferably in a MAC environment) especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record-keeping
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices (a plus)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks (a plus)
D&A Communications is an equity-first communications agency creating meaningful and lasting social change for 25 years. We are devoted to bridging the needs of diverse communities and our client’s goals through integrated communications, authentic engagement, and public participation programs that create real-world transformation. Our mission is to build human connections and empower all people to make a transformative change that elevates our communities, creating a more just and equitable society.
At D&A Communications, we believe in transparency and open communication. We value everyone’s feedback, creativity, and innovative thinking. We are an eclectic team of self-motivated warriors working together to impact our community positively. Our goal is to grow and develop all our team members to their fullest potential. The common thread that ties us all together is our passion for making a difference.
About Our Culture
We encourage your ideas and input, and as an equity-first agency, your voice and lived experience make a significant impact both internally and on the communities we serve. We believe in work/life balance and are constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees and our community. We champion making space for our team members to have the freedom to openly and actively contribute their diverse perspectives. We believe that people work best in an environment where they are recognized for their efforts and respected as individuals. We work collaboratively as a team. We measure our success against our values:
Grit – We get s##t done
Courage – We are brave and daring
Intentional – We are committed to meaningful work
Fluency – We are experts in the language of Communications
Impact – We believe in doing good by doing better
Resilient – We are quick to respond and recover with optimism and conviction
Creative – We believe in bold, future-focused ideas
We foster a hardworking, energetic, passionate, creative, and remote-first culture. D&A also promotes a dynamic working environment, offering full-time jobs with no travel requirements and optional remote flexibility. Eligible employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation that includes medical, dental, and health benefits and LTD, STD, ADD/Life. Benefits include vacation and sick time, holidays, a 401(k) matched by D&A, a professional development stipend, and a monthly phone/internet reimbursement. We strongly believe in and gladly support investing in our employees, their health and well-being, future retirement, and professional development.
Application Process: JoinUs and Be a Part of Something That Matters
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and other necessary information (i.e., link to your portfolio or writing samples) to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line. No faxed applications will be accepted. Please no phone calls.