Location: San Francisco, CA/Remote
What You Will Be Doing: Creating a More Just and Equitable Society
The Communications Associate role impacts people in many different communities. The role works with clients across different industries who strive to reach and engage with diverse communities in meaningful dialogue. You’ll gain the opportunity to participate in the development of culturally inclusive integrated communications strategies while working with a smart, supportive team of communication wizards.
The Communications Associate works on a variety of issues such as addressing barriers to mobility and transportation in underserved communities; to collaborating with government agencies on the shortage of affordable housing; to raising awareness about environmental resiliency; to crafting equitable and integrated communications strategies to reach people where they are; to creating public policy initiatives that ensure diversity and inclusion is valued. You’ll have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders and community thought leaders through focus groups, town hall meetings, surveys, and more.
Who You Are
- Support the administrative set-up and maintenance of new projects
- Coordinate and schedule meetings
- Prepare meeting agendas, project schedules and timelines
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Draft detailed recap notes and summaries
- Participate in brainstorm meetings, internal project meetings, community meetings and more
- Collaborate in campaign development
- Conducts media monitoring to stay on top of client and industry trends
- Support community outreach efforts based on objective
- Write content that includes, but not limited to, drafting emails, key finding summaries, client presentations, campaign metric reports, social media content, strategic plans, and press releases.
- Manage own daily schedule on each assigned project
- Coordinate with other team members on action items
- Participate in strategic planning discussions
- Participate in budget creation and tracking on client projects
- Support in the maintenance of agency databases
- Helps to solve problems and keep things moving forward on projects
- Keep up to date on client activities, issues, programs, and ecosystem to maintain context for client interactions and to inform recommended strategies
- Contribute in the new business development process
- Contribute to other projects, task and duties as assigned
- Do we want to say anything about case studies or agency initiatives (rocks)
Education and Experience
- Experience working in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations Agency (strong preferred)
- 2 years of experience in communications, public relations, advertising and/or strategic marketing
- 2 years of writing content for presentations, newsletters, social media posts, press releases, and more.
- Advanced-level comfort with Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac environment, as well as Google applications
- Some experience with time tracking and billable hours (a plus)
- Some experience with Google Analytics, Canva, social media platforms, project management tools, Mailchimp (a plus)
- Fluency in a language other than English (preferred, not required)
D&A Communications is an equity-first communications agency creating meaningful and lasting social change for 25 years. We are devoted to bridging the needs of diverse communities and our client’s goals through integrated communications, authentic engagement, and public participation programs that create real-world transformation. Our mission is to build human connections and empower all people to make a transformative change that elevates our communities, creating a more just and equitable society.
At D&A Communications, we believe in transparency and open communication. We value everyone’s feedback, creativity, and innovative thinking. We are an eclectic team of self-motivated warriors working together to impact our community positively. Our goal is to grow and develop all our team members to their fullest potential. The common thread that ties us all together is our passion for making a difference.
About Our Culture
We encourage your ideas and input, and as an equity-first agency, your voice and lived experience make a significant impact both internally and on the communities we serve. We believe in work/life balance and are constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees and our community. We champion making space for our team members to have the freedom to openly and actively contribute their diverse perspectives. We believe that people work best in an environment where they are recognized for their efforts and respected as individuals. We work collaboratively as a team. We measure our success against our values:
Grit – We get s##t done
Courage – We are brave and daring
Intentional – We are committed to meaningful work
Fluency – We are experts in the language of Communications
Impact – We believe in doing good by doing better
Resilient – We are quick to respond and recover with optimism and conviction
Creative – We believe in bold, future-focused ideas
We foster a hardworking, energetic, passionate, creative, and remote-first culture. D&A also promotes a dynamic working environment, offering full-time jobs with no travel requirements and optional remote flexibility. Eligible employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation that includes medical, dental, and health benefits and LTD, STD, ADD/Life. Benefits include vacation and sick time, holidays, a 401(k) matched by D&A, a professional development stipend, and a monthly phone/internet reimbursement. We strongly believe in and gladly support investing in our employees, their health and well-being, future retirement, and professional development.
Application Process: JoinUs and Be a Part of Something That Matters
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and other necessary information (i.e., link to your portfolio or writing samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line. No faxed applications will be accepted. Please no phone calls.